Thursday, May 19, 2011

Incubus of Viral Plague

Soooooo....no joke but this past week and a half has been the worst it's ever been for my immune system. Seriously. Last Tuesday, my muscles started feeling achey and by Wednesday, I had the full-on "feels like I got hit by a bus" body soreness followed by the fever and chills! Guess who got the flu! Welp, Wednesday and Thursday sped by (with me doped up on advil/tylenol) and by Friday I was finally feeling normal. I went into work for a few hours, and then even hung out with my friends Ping and Jon (I actually ate at Chevy's....see, totally normal because only non-sick people can eat Chevy's/mexican food). And then Saturday night, as I was on my way to my friend Marie's, I felt like I was getting a migraine, so I took one of my migraine-prevention pills. The last time I took this pill, I took it as I was going to bed. Well, this time, being very awake (and trying to play with my favorite one year old, Landon), I started to feel kind of woozy and light-headed. Well....so much for being normal again. Anyways, I went home and then started puking (from the migraine, not the meds) and guess what.....woke up on Sunday with a full blown migraine! Lucky me. So, being bed ridden all day on Sunday, I could only pray that it wouldn't blow over until Monday. Luckily, it didn't. But Monday night, I started getting achey.....and by Tuesday, I had the flu....AGAIN. You might think...HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? Because that's exactly what I thought. Apparently, your flu symptoms can go dormant after a few days....and then come right back swinging at you a few days later. So Tuesday and Wednesday I was again stuck in bed....with the chills, the fever, the aches. Ugh it's disgusting. I swear it was worse the second time around. It's Thursday now, and I spent a couple hours at work and even went to school for an hour to copy some notes (from the class I ditched on Tuesday!) I think this is the first time in two days I have been awake for more than 3 hours at a time. Amazing. I've spent the last 3 days living on jamba juice. Incredible how much better jamba juice tastes when you're sick (or hungover...which I wasn't, but I'm just saying (for future reference)).

Anyways, the whole reason I'm blogging about this is because I need to figure out ways to boost my immune system. Clearly what I have been doing....isn't working. Seriously I have had the flu every year at least once since starting college. And you know, I think the flu decided to be extra mean this year. Anyone who tells you medical illnesses don't discriminate...THEY ARE WRONG. It was like...."You may think you're not getting the flu this year, but you are getting it...and it's going to be extra rough!!!!!" I hate the flu. I EVEN GOT THE FLU SHOT THIS YEAR. Anyways, I didn't mean to complain for this long of a blog post, but I think this is just a reminder for myself to find ways to boost my immune system, so this doesn't happen again next year. Speaking of which, IT'S NOT EVEN FLU SEASON ANYMORE. As you can see, I have some anger issues right now, but for good reason. This week has been really awful. I just hope I'm healthy and ready in time for my new job next Monday. Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment