Sunday, October 3, 2010

matt and margaret...from frisco to diego

Hi everybody,

So quick update, in case you haven't heard...this is now the Matt and Margaret Project in Sunnyvale and San Diego. I have moved home for the time being, and am now taking classes at my local community college. So far, I'm enrolled in Espanol (I can already spell my own name and count to 30!...and it's only been a week), 3 paralegal classes (American Law, California Family Law and Criminal Law) and a Abnormal Psyc class. I wouldn't say that I love it, just that it's different. It's pretty stressful having ZERO friends, except for David (my friend from high school who is taking the paralegal classes with me). But it's okay, maybe I'll make some new ones...or maybe I won't and do really well in school. Anyways, on Matt's end, he won't start school for another week (insane right?) He's kicking off his third year at Newschool and hopefully if all goes well, he'll have an internship before the end of the year. You'll have to ask him about it if you have questions or just check out his blog. He did just submit a project idea in a competition to build a new student lounge for his school, it was verrrry cool! I'm sure he'll keep us posted.


He came up to visit me a week ago, and we did all the usual stuff we normally do, except this time, I stayed here and he left :( But let me give you the run down. My best friend Amber and I drove down to pick him up a few weeks ago and then we went to this amazing burrito place in San Diego called Luche Libre. We ordered Surfin' California Burritos, which was featured on Man v. Food. I highly recommend watching this short video clip to prepare yourself for this glorious burrito. So if you watched the video, you would know that this massive burrito has carne asada, shrimp, avocado, french fries, and a special Luche Libre sauce. I must say...one of the best burritos I've ever had and well worth the 8 hour drive!! If you are ever in this neck of the woods, definitely stop by (at least to see the pink walls!) I also heard that the TJ dog is delicious (it's like a hot dog wrapped in bacon...who could complain?), but none of us could even fathom getting more food.




 

So, after we were very stuffed, we headed the Padres/Giants games at Petco Park with some of Matt's roommates (Bryan, Evan, Grant). It was a victorious night for the GIANTS :) much to Evan's horror. I'm pretty sure that Evan didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the night (and wandered off by himself for 30 minutes because he was so pissed off). But the Padres had it coming, because it was pretty amazing knowing that half of the fans in that stadium were for the opposing team. What can I say...us Giants fans are true fans. Also, on a side note, if you go to anymore games at the Padres stadium, make sure you get your hot dog at a Ruby's stand, because they are exponentially bigger and taste a lot better. Bigger bang, same amount of bucks.




Anyways, our road trip story is definitely not over, so stay tuned for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment