Tuesday, April 19, 2011

spring break twenty eleven!

alright so Im not nearly as good about blogging as margaret is but I will try to contribute as much as I can anyway.  she covered all the way to thursday so I get to take it from here!

basim came into town friday night to hang out with us which was really cool.  he was kind of going through a rough time as he just got out of a 2 1/2 year long relationship so he needed a little M  & M time to help cheer him up.  we picked him up at the airport and immediately went to downtown San Jose to watch the Giants game.  although they lost, we still had a blast watching the game and we got to experience it at a really cool restaurant called San Jose Bar and Grill.  margaret talked a lot about this place and it definitely lived up to the hype.

saturday consisted of one major thing:  BEER!  we all went into Oakland for a beerfest that was one of the best experiences in recent memory.  we payed $8 and got to taste/chug as much beer as we wanted for about 3 hours.  stands included Guinness, Anchor Steam, Black Pond, and many many more.  needless to say, we were feeling pretty good the rest of the day but when it came time to go home we were exhausted.  we were really glad we took BART, not only to be safe, but because we got to pass out the entire way home haha

baz and I headed home on sunday so that he would be home for school and I could get to see the Evan's family. being home was awesome for me, but since this is the matt + margaret project, ill leave out my reno adventures. to sum it all up, though, I did a lot of relaxing and got to see all of the people I wanted to see while I was home, which was a very important thing for me.

coming back over to San Jose the following thursday was a little different for one main reason:  I had Abby with me!  she came along for part of her spring break and I must say that it was a really good thing she did because I got to bond with her a lot while we were together.  it's been really cool to see her grow as a person over the years and I can't wait to see the things that she will accomplish in her life.

anyway, the remainder of our time in San Jose consisted of going to the Nickel arcade, BowlMore (some more!), getting donuts/coffee, and watching movies.  all in all, it was another really good time.  I know this is a much shorter post than margaret usually posts (she has A LOT to say haha), but it was very enjoyable for me to write this because in the midst of the stress of school it's nice to relive some of my relaxing break.  it definitely put me at ease.

typically bowling form

dont want to see this movie

very modest for Facebook, dont you think?

"like"

the amazing fish above the door was acquired at our
famous beer festival in Oakland
so, look forward to more posts and future adventures as margaret is coming down to SD to see me for our anniversary and my very mature 22 year birthday.  it should be a really fun time filled with plenty of excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment