Friday, April 15, 2011

Firsts

Well....Matt PROMISED to blog about the rest of our trip (so we are going to hope he keeps his promise). I have much more important news to discuss. In 15 days, Matt and I will have been officially going out for THREE YEARS. It feels so surreal to think about that. I can still remember all the firsts.

The first date: watching Hostel 2 at my on-campus apartment....guess who's idea that was? NOT MINE. But the poor kid ran all the way to blockbuster to get the movie so who could complain.

The first kiss: Also, at my apartment while watching Hostel.

The first planned date: We went to dinner at Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and then saw The Strangers (at a real movie theater). And then Matt thought it would be a great idea to go have a beach bonfire (which in reality it is, except after you see a scary movie). I almost peed my pants waiting in the dark for him to run back to the car to grab a blanket.

His first birthday: Of course he had to have a birthday a week after we started dating. So what do you get a guy who you are just starting to date? Because you don't want to overdo it and get him a big present and have him take it the wrong way. But you don't want to not get him a present and make him think you don't care. Well what's better than Guinness?

First fight. First giants game together. First time meeting the parents. First thanksgiving with just the two of us. First one year anniversary. First valentine's day.

Those are just a couple of our firsts. I mean imagine how many more firsts there are to conquer. Like first sky diving trip, or first time holding hands in a foreign country, or first christmas (actually spent together), or first apartment together. You know, after I really put things into perspective, realistically, we still have so many firsts to go. And you know, just to get a little mushy on you, I know that there is no one else I would rather be doing all this stuff with. Matt, I can't wait to see you in two weeks to celebrate our first three year anniversary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment