Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Matt and the Munchkin

Last last weekend, Matt and I hung out with my good friend, Marie and her son, Landon. Marie and I used to love going to the farmer's market, so on that beautiful (but chilly) Saturday morning, we decided to grab some coffee and walk around the farmer's market. It was Matt's second time ever hanging out with them, so of course Landon was kind of shy. But within 20 minutes, the four of us were running around the farmer's market acting like idiots, especially Matt and Landon. It was nice because I got to catch up with Marie, and Matt had fun because he was able to act like a kid (mind you, Landon is only one and a half, so I guess Matt was acting more like a toddler). We were able to sample lots of fruits (and lots of real food too, the hummus man is my fave!!). I think it must be because it's winter time, but the fruit didn't taste as spectacular as I remember. But we did score a free samosa (I bought two and the lady threw in an extra one for free!).



After we decided that we had had enough of the farmer's market (aka all the vendors started giving us mean looks for trying to snag more of their samples), we decided to head to Target, because no one loves Target more than Marie and I (and apparently Landon). This kid love the place. Marie had to ask him multiple times to get up and stop trying to lick the floor. Funniest thing ever. Plus we spent at least 20 minutes in the toy section. I could hear Matt mimicking Landon's babbling from 4 aisles away. Those two are probably going to be best buds some day.

I think the real plus was Landon opening his present at the end of the morning. What an excited kid he was!!


After hanging out with Marie and Landon, we grabbed some Philz Coffee (best coffee in the entire freaking world) with Brandon (Matt's brother) and his wife, Caitlin, and walked around downtown San Jose. What a great way to spend our last morning of 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment