Monday, September 5, 2011

beer brewing

Last Wednesday, Margaret and I had Russell and Jaleen over to brew my first batch of beer ever!!  I am very excited to say that in approximately 4 weeks I will be drinking my home made IPA that I have named Evy's Black Cap IPA.  The process took about 3 hours altogether and was extremely nerve wracking only because it was my first time brewing.

The whole night was a lot of fun.  Russell and I were totally involved with the brewing process while Margaret and Jaleen were obsessing over their Kindles.  We kept Jaleen and Russell up pretty late but I can safely say that I wouldn't have been nearly as comfortable brewing if Russell wasn't there.  He's a seasoned veteran when it comes to home made brewing.


Friends!



Straining the wort


I love hoppy beers



Anyway,  the beer is sitting idly in a corner for the next two weeks until it will be ready to be bottled.  I can't wait to see how it is going to turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment