Saturday, December 4, 2010

I GOT A JOB!!!

So last Tuesday, I got a call from this immigration lawyer that I had interviewed with almost 3 weeks ago. And she was calling to offer me a JOB! I was soooooo excited I am now an employee at Gee Law Firm :) I went to the library and renewed my book about Immigration Law. The job is currently only parttime, about 15-20 hours a week, but maybe I will get more hours later. Anyways, I started on Thursday and it is awesome. I get to work in this little office building, sharing an office with her. It's such a real people job, with a break room area (with FREE coffeeeeee/tea/cocoa) and I have my own key/clicker to get into the building! I have my own desk with plenty of very cute office supplies. On Friday, she sent me off to Office Depot and told me I would have fun because they have cute paper clips :) I bought the colorful ones, of course. And now I have a cute pencil cup holder too! Anyways, so far I am loving it. On Thursday, she took me to lunch at Ming's, this cute Chinese restaurant similar to PF Changs, but much more authentic (the sad part is that I actually prefer PF Chang's lol). Anyways, I spent most of Thursday working on putting together a client's adjustment of status packet to be submitted to the USCIS. So an adjustment of status is when someone in the US is changing their status from visa to permanent resident. And the USCIS is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Are you impressed by all the new stuff I learned already? Because I am :) Anyways, just wanted to share about my new job!! Have a great weekend :)

Shopping for paper clips!

No comments:

Post a Comment